If you are a beginner and wants to write a blog then apart from the topic information what are the key elements that will make your blog visible to your audience. Plus it will also indirectly help to increase your site organically. How would you rank your blog in the Search Engine Result Page (SERP). Keyword research is your answer! Here is how the keyword research plays a vital role for your blog post.
In this guide, get to know about keyword research for your blog, what are keywords and keyword research, the importance and benefits of keyword research to make your blog post effectively visible on the search engine. In the end, you will get the right information about keyword research tools.
What are Keywords?
Keywords are the words or phrases that people enter in the search engine to find the relevant information. It is when you put these keywords and phrases in your blog and people search with those words to find your blog on the Search engine optimisation page (SERP).
For example: “How to do keyword research” or “White pasta recipe”
What is Keyword Research?
Keyword research is a process of finding and analysing words, phrases and queries for search engine optimisation (SEO) ranking on google. It helps you to analyse what your website visitors are putting in search engines and use it get organic traffic on your website. Keyword research helps you to understand:
- Which keywords are used most
- How many people are using them
- Predicts relevancy of the keywords and for future use.
Importance of Keyword Research In SEO:
Keyword research is the heart of SEO whether you want to rank your blog, website or starting a new campaign. It is an important element to know what your audience is looking for. Keep these points in mind for keyword research when conducting SEO for your blog or website.
- Generate New Content Ideas: If you are a new blog writer and have to add blogs weekly then keyword research will help you here to get new ideas for your content. By doing keyword research, you will be able to check which keywords are low competition and which topics are more trending to write about.
- Know Your Competitors: Working on a blog and don’t know about your competitors? Keyword research provides clear idea about your competitors and keywords they are using. In this way, you can come up with better clarity for writing your blog and which keywords to use for ranking on the top.
- Write For Your Audience: In this new digital technology, every user is looking for new information every second on the search engine. To know what your audience is looking for is search intent. With the help of keyword research, you can deliver what your audience are looking for and it will help you to rank your blog on top.
- Find the Right Content Opportunities: The importance of keyword research can also be shown by giving you the right keywords with low competition. It will help you to identify those keywords that have low competition and can increase your website growth with high ranking. Keyword research will also inform about the competitors that are using keywords with established domains which ranks their website already.
Elements of Keyword Research:
To do the right research and find the best and effective keywords for your blog, here are three key elements that needs to be checked for conducting keyword research:
- Authority: Search engines like Google gives more preference and ranking to those websites that seems authoritative. To make your blog or website look more authentic and authoritative, create quality content, promote to help users and get the backlinks. This process will show your blog as authoritative, expertise and
- Relevance: Relevancy is the key to make your blog rank higher on search engine. The concept of search intent is to put relevant keywords in your blog and by this, users will search for your blog with the right keywords.
- Search Volume: It tells us about how many times visitors searched for a specific keyword in a month and helps you to use this technique effectively. Higher search volume means more people are finding your keywords but if you use it strategically, you will get a good number of visitors on your blog.
How To Do Keyword Research For Your Blog:
As a beginner, doing keyword research for your blog can take some time and a good learning process. Once you understand the right way to do keyword research with strategies, you will be able to grow your blog with rankings and traffic. Here are some steps for conducting good keyword research for your blog:
- Start With Seed Keywords: Begin your keyword research with a topic, phrase or idea in our niche that makes it a head keyword means Seed keyword. Gather some ideas around those topics and keywords and make a list of minimum 5-10 seed keywords. You can use the tools and plugins to identify the competitors keywords, what keywords they are searching and what are the search volume of those keywords. This will help you in the next process of keyword research.
- Find the Target Keywords and Related Keywords: Once you made a list of seed keywords, it has become easy for you to find the target keywords and related keywords. Start analysing your topic ideas and gather the related and low competition keywords to your seed list. You can use plugins tools to check what you are working on and what is the ranking of your desired keyword.
- Determine The Search Intent: Search intent help us what kind of content people are looking for on the search engines, what problems they are looking to solve and find. Based on this, create quality content with related keywords and help users with their problems.
- Know your Competition: Start by using the keyword research tools to find out who you are competing. You can find out what your competitors are ranking for and try not to use the high difficulty keywords to target.
- Keyword List: The final step of the keyword research is a combination of all the above steps which includes gathering your main keywords and refining all the targeted and related keywords and incorporating in your blog for getting the high-ranking on-search engine page.
Keyword Research Tools:
As of now you got all the basic information about the keyword research and how to do it effectively. With the help of these tools, you will be able to find the most appropriate keywords for your blog to attract visitors online and make yourself more visible on the search engine organically. Here’s a list of some most demanded and use-worthy free and paid tools for keyword research.
- Google Trends: It is a free, easy to use and an effective tool to obtain user’s interests data in a matter of seconds. It organises the data and shows the results in a graphical representation with denoting the popularity of the keywords in a range of 0 to 100, with 100 being the peak.
- Moz: An all-in-one research tool for determining the overall keyword value. The “Priority Score” feature is the highlight of this tool that ensure the keyword research is worth using or not. The user interface is simple and easy to use for beginners.
- Uber suggest: A simple yet powerful free tool for beginners to get the monthly keywords volume search with CPC and data about your competitors. It also provides effective content and keyword ideas for your blog. The free tool includes 7 days free trial with 3 searches per day.
- Google Ads Keyword Planner: An effective free tool for the marketers that helps in finding the keywords for the marketing and search campaigns. Generate keywords related to your business and use them to make sales-driven campaign.
There are tons of great keyword research tools available for free and paid both. With the free versions, you will get limited features as compared to the paid where you can get multiple options to explore for your keyword research.
This blog provided all the essentials about doing keyword research for your blog. With the help of these, you will be able to start your blog in simple and effective way. Decide your niche, do the right research and make a list of all your low competition keywords with high chances of visibility and rankings. The right keywords with right strategy will give your content relevance, great search intent and wonderful visitors on your blog making it a success for you as a newbie blogger.
Check Out our previous Article: